Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Tides of March

I had thought that once January and February were over, the toughest times would be behind me and frequent cycling would happily resume in the gentle spring warmth. But instead of heralding the start of new adventures, March seems to be intent on breaking my spirit. For the past 3 weeks I've had pneumonia as a complication of my rib injuries, and I have no choice but to continue going to work in this state. Moreover, I've had to postpone my return to the US till the end of the month due to an unexpected project which will require exhausting travel. And to top it all off, the weather here has turned arctic and it has snowed 3 times during the past week.

The act of cycling is beginning to seem like a distant memory or even a figment of my imagination. I actually find myself looking at old entries on this website to reassure myself that it was all real. Oh cycling gods, deliver me from these trials and take me to the March I envisioned - with spring weather and a newly built up Sam Hillborne rolling along the New England countryside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment